Quote and Credit

Quote and Credit

CLICK TO ORDER OR PREVIEW JIM LINDERMAN BOOKS

OH MIN! Hand Painted Folk Art Sign Oh Min ?



The seller and I at an outdoor antique show debated over the meaning of this hand-painted sign. A bad OMEN? A preacher exclaiming AMEN? It cost ten bucks and I bought it just to figure it out, which is usually the case with objects I post here.
 
It turns out OH MIN was the exclamation cartoon character Andy Gump used when complaining to his wife Minerva. The Marriott? I have no idea. Family name for this sign which may have identified a residence? Along the beaches in Michigan, it is not unusual for families to hang goofy signs in the woods to help folks find the place. That's my guess. 

"Oh Min" Hand-painted sign. Circa 1930. Collection Jim Linderman 

BOOKS AND $5.99 EBOOKS BY JIM LINDERMAN AVAILABLE FOR PREVIEW OR PURCHASE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment